Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Moment of silence...

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! I'll get to all the holiday festivities another day but just wanted to post an email I sent to a fellow PCV last night...

Sigh...lets see just how *** the night got in the last hr.. waited
till 9 for dinner and its rice and potatoes. i almost cried. luckily
my sis called so i excused myself and warmed up bath water. go in my
room to talk to sis and see a mouse run under my wall because nowhere
in my room does the wall actually touch the ground. run back in the
main house. pull water for bath from tank, bucket has a major hole,
water all over my feet. use another bucket finish warming water.
trying to get off phone with sis to bathe and stima* goes out. go out
in pitch black to get head lamp to bathe but scared of mice because
light is what scares them away. retrieve head lamp, tell supers wife
about mouse problem while swinging head lamp. hit head lamp on wall
and break it. bathe in dark. return to room in dark, hear mice. forgo
brushing teeth. put on ipod, climb under net.
ahhh peace corps...

If this night would have happened a year ago, I probably would have dissolved into tears but I was actually laughing to myself as I wrote the email because, what else can you do? A broken headlamp is no laughing matter however. RIP...Moment of silence please...

*stima= electricity

No comments:

Post a Comment