Tuesday, January 10, 2012

the long and short

Aha! You thought you wouldn't hear from me for awhile didn't you? Well here I am. In an effort to blog more I've decided to do smaller posts more frequently. So right now I'm on a matatu going to a women's meeting. It's hot as the devil and the meeting is about 2 hours away but they are one of my favorite groups. They've been saving about 8 months now and taking loans since October. They are still a little shaky on the particulars of loans. Like the fact that you have to pay interest every month. Yet, I'm glad they are learning now when the loans are small ($50 and less) than go to a bank and learn the hard way with thousands of dollars at stake. They are also coming up with a new business to do. Most of them are just middlewomen in the market place for low margin items like maize. We'll see what they come up with!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.3

No comments:

Post a Comment